This is more of a token entry, something small that I painted up in a couple of days. As most of the month was spent on Spiteclaw’s Swarm, I had to employ some (warp) speed painting, but I managed to pull it off, and the result is not half bad, if I say so myself.
I painted a set of objective markers from the old Battle for Macragge box set and a few pieces from the even older 40k Battlefield Accessories set. I can’t remember which of these sets I’ve had longer, but they’re both from around 2004. I was seriously amazed when I found out that the Accessories are still sold, but I do think that the barrels are nicer than in the new container set. The tank traps are pretty bad though..
The painting was mostly just washing, drybrushing and sponging, which was a pretty nice change of pace. The pallet got some extra love with freehand hazard stripes, and while they’re not super neat and even, I think it adds some much needed interest to an otherwise very plain piece. The fusion core from BfM was also painted a bit more carefully, and I thought it would be a good place to practice OSL. Not really visible in the pictures, but I’m not super satisfied with the result.
Phew! Challenge completed with almost half an hour to spare!